RTP DMDG Winter Symposium Poster Travel Awards:
Guidelines for the Submission and Eligibility of Posters by
Students or Post-Doctoral Research Associates
Rules and Requirements for Award Consideration:
- Electronic copies of the abstract, poster and a completed application form must be received by the RTP DMDG Administrator (Cindy Rewerts, email@example.com) no later than the deadline of three weeks before the Symposium date.
- Email letter from adviser/supervisor indicating their consent to submission and presentation.
- Abstracts/Posters must contain the following information to be eligible for consideration of an award:
- The designated presenter/primary author and contact information
- The status of the presenter, i.e., graduate student or post doctoral associate
- Affiliation of the presenter, i.e., Department and Institution
- Mentor or supervisor of the presenter
- Statement of the significance or potential impact of the work performed
- A Judging Committee will select two finalists based on the submitted information. The two finalist will be notified at least a week before the Symposium and asked to prepare a 15 min podium presentation based on their posters. Final judging will be based on the podium presentation.
- A travel award of $500 and $250 will be presented to the winner and to the runner up, respectively, at the conclusion of the Symposium.
- An applicant can enter only one submission.
- Only the first 15 applications submitted will be eligible for the award judging.
- Submissions received after the deadline will not be eligible for these awards.
- Applicants must be present with their poster during designated times at the Symposium.
- The two finalists must present a 15 min podium presentation at the Symposium.